We deliver flexibility and speed when modernizing with cloud
Many applications which have functionality that would be ideal for Cloud Service utilization have underlying technology issues which have meant that placing them on such a Cloud Service would not currently be a viable option. Adopting the Cloud without modernizing is like going to a tropical island in your winter coat. To get the most benefit from moving existing applications to the Cloud, modernization is a key requirement. When migrating to the Cloud, separating the application and moving it into a modern environment that is standardized and designed for low-cost operation at scale is a must. TACT helps businesses to firstly identify applications that would benefit from, at least some interaction with Cloud Services, and then a method of either converting those applications on to suitable architecture and technology so that they can be migrated to the cloud, or alternatively modernize the applications so that Cloud Services can be leveraged even when aspects of the applications remain on premise.
TACT Cloud Modernization services support all service models (IaaS, PaaS, iPaaS, SaaS) and deployment models (public, private, virtual private, hybrid
This is how we do it
In a Cloud Modernization effort, the application is redesigned from the ground-up with the assumption that it will be deployed in a cloud environment. Reengineering applications for a native cloud environment provide the greatest degree of flexibility however are also the most costly in the short term. Over time, the new application may provide enough benefits related to reduced administrative costs, reduced computing charges or other cost recovery vehicles to warrant an over-haul.
Common changes made in a re-engineering effort include:
- Moving from a stateful to stateless service design.
- Reducing storage costs by using scale-out storage strategies
- Sun-setting fixed networking approaches in favor of software defined networking (SDN)
- Removing expensive commercial software licenses in favor of open cloud friendly licenses like open source
- Switching from disk intensive designs to large memory footprints
- Our IT Modernization Services include:
- Cloud Enabled Application Development
- Cloud Application Integration
- Legacy Application Modernization
- On-Premise Infrastructure Virtulization
- Private Cloud Services
- Hybrid Cloud Services