Hello Young Scientist Quiz Application, Council of Science & Technology, Uttar Pradesh
Council of Science & Technology, Uttar Pradesh launched the “Hello Young Scientist Phone in Quiz” in order to sensitize the young minds towards modern Science & Technology for society’s development. The programme is being broadcasted on FM Radio Akashvani. The science students from class 8 to 12 may participate in this programme through phone and answer the question by sending an SMS. Considering the digitalisation in every sector, CSI, UP intended to develop Android and iOS applications for Hello Young Scientist Quiz with an aim to give an edge to the success of the programme and reach a bigger student base.
The ‘Hello Young Scientist Quiz’ was being broadcasted through radios viz. ‘Akashvani’. It was a time-consuming and a costly process and had a limited outreach. The Revolution in digital media primarily affects youth. Whether it’s in leisure time or academic time, technology plays a pivotal role in youth life. Thus, looking at the enhanced outreach and familiarity of the digital platforms, CST, UP planned to make the quiz available to students through a mobile application.
In order to make the “Hello Young Scientist Quiz” available on major mobile platforms, Trendsetterz developed a mobile application for android and iOS platforms. The application was designed in a way to enrich the user experience, and provide them ease to access the quizzes.
Powered with cloud backend the application was available to users across the globe with no delay in response time. The analytics feature integrated in the application helped the council extract important insights about the application usage and to enrich the content accordingly. The components of the application included- a student dashboard, a large bank of questions with levels, result and rewards system, notification hub, scheduler, web services, CMS backend and cloud hosting.
- Modernization of the quiz. Smart phones are the most common and cost-effective method to reach the students.
- Vast outreach. Since smart phones are highly prevalent, the “Hello Young Scientist Quiz” expanded its outreach.
- The app is embedded with an option of creating student profiles, using which the student can check their quiz history, reward points, ranking, practice work for the Quizzes with sample of questions.
- Google Cloud messaging was used for android and Apple push for iOS to push new quizzes on devices according the user and his/her level.
- Content Management System (CMS) was used in developing the app. It lowered the time and costs as compared to the other method associated with managing sites and mobile applications.
- Cloud hosting (using MS Azure) was used in developing the mobile app which allows even the remotely located user to access applications with seamless data transfer and faster response.